Saturday, June 23, 2012

Father's Day

Amir does not know about candy cards.  I made him one and it was funny trying to get him to read it.  I kept telling him, "you have to read the candy".  Yes, I had to stretch to make some of the things fit, but, it's candy.  What are you expecting?  Walt Whitman?  "O Candy my candy.  Our fearful trip is done.  My mouth has weathered every snack, the prize I bought has come.  The end is near, the TV I hear, the people all exulting, While follow eyes the steady glow, the sitcom grim and daring. But O heart, heart, heart, o the dripping drops of sugar, where on my chest the junk food lies, and I am cold with rigor."  What?  It's an American classic.



In case you can't read it, it says "Dear Mr. Amir, you big hunk!  Just because you are not a pop yet, doesn't mean you should be sour on Father's Day.  It also doesn't mean you should get zero.  You are my lifesaver.  So score one hundred grand.  You deserve only joy.  Love, from your sweet gummy bear, Molly."

Like I said, a bit of a stretch.  But he really liked it.  (And no, I did not eat it for him.  He has kept it in his office and enjoyed a late night nibble or two.)

No comments:

Post a Comment