Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Bisitoon

Bisitoon is one of the few touristy things we saw.  Well, we saw part of it.  The most famous part with Darius was covered with scaffolding.  I found a picture at a travel website so you can see it.
This is not my picture it belongs to http://www.bavanatecotour.com/iran_bistun.htm.
Yeah, I travel halfway around the world and  it's covered up.
Bisitoon is quite pretty.  There's a natural spring and a lovely park.  But it was waaaaaay cold the day we went.  Cold and windy.  I had to tie a knot in my headscarf as it kept from flying off.
A quick tip- good shoes are an essential part of any traveling experience.  Because you have to take your shoes off and on in Iran, I recommend something sturdy, yet non-tie.  Slip on is the way to go.  Heels are a mistake.  I  have great Mary Jane's from Landsend that have a walking tread. Super cute, super comfy and super easy to get on and off.
I mention shoes because Mohsen did not have good shoes at Bisitoon and he cold not walk on the rocks very well.  I shouldn't laugh, but it was way funny.  Fatimeh is a mountain goat like Amir. (I call my husband that because he runs up mountains. Not walk. Run.) Maybe it's a Persian thing.  Hercules is not Persian.  But he was carved by the Greeks. See the sign below; it explains things. I have more Bisitoon, but it will wait for the next post.


Amir the cave man.



1 comment:

  1. That looks like a cool place. I love the writing in the last picture too. I've been envying your trip the last few days.

    ReplyDelete