Thursday, March 14, 2013

Kabobs

persian-skewers3-medium.jpg (800×428)
Sohrab's skewers didn't have handles, but you get the idea.
Picture is from mypersiankitchen.com
As some of you may have experienced, Amir makes delicious barbecue. Sohrab (Somayeh's husband) also makes delectable kabob. He made us kabob with barbecue swords like Amir.  Well, I call them swords because they are very wide and look like the could impale any type of meat.  And Sohrab has the coolest container for his swords; it's like a metal pipe with detachable lid and handle.  That's really the only way to describe it.  Amir wants to make a holder out of PVC pipe now.  Of course Amir had to purchase more swords and bring them home.  I was a little worried about customs, but they made it through ok.
I love how the grill is the perfect shape for the skewers.

Such excellent helpers.  Its funny how in every country, when the barbecue starts,
the men all end up outside around the grill.


Somayeh also took me to visit one of her friends who owns a beauty salon.  I'm sorry I don't have pictures.  But it was an interesting experience in that it was a women only establishment.  It had paint on the windows and a dark curtain over the door.  Amir and Sohrab could not come in; even though there were no customers.  I also went to visit a gym with Leila and the same rules applied.  The gym had time for men and time for women, and during the women's time, no men are allowed.  I kinda liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment