Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Before I get to the interesting Iranian stuff, I wanted to share my handiness.
On Saturday night our sink got plugged.  No water was flowing AT ALL.  Tried the plunger and it just made the water flow into the other sink.  (Dual sink if that wan't clear)  It was late so I figured Amir could fix it before church on Sunday.  Ox in the mire people.  The kitchen sink has to work.  But on Sunday morning Amir was very tired (and wouldn't wake up) so I thought I'd give it a try.  Yes indeedy people.  I fixed it all by my lonesome.  I unfastened and cleaned the grease trap.  (Amir dear had put hamburger grease down the drain.  We had  a little chat about what to do with hot grease.)  Yey for me!!
Ok, on to the fun stuff.
Amir's brother Mohsen and his lovely wife Fatimeh live in a town called Tuyserkan.  Seen it spelled difference ways, so can't help there.  It is famous for it's walnuts.  Yes they are delicious.  We visited a walnut grove and the smell reminded me of Grandpa Kennington's walnut tree.
Tuyserkan's other claim to fame- it is the resting place of Habakkuk.  Yes, the Habakkuk from the bible.
So cool!! I had no idea biblical prophets hung out in Iran.  I guess it wasn't Iran back then, but still.
By the way, I love taking pictures of signs.  Mostly because I love to see the way signs are translated into English.  Seriously, click on the pic and read.  It's AWESOME!
By the way, I had to look up Habakkuk because...its Habakkuk.  But I did have two verses marked.  I will share one H-3:18 "Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation." Again AWESOME!
On our walk to the park we met up with Amir's other sister Somayeh and her husband Sohrab.  (You pronounce the H in Sohrab and it is the coolest sounding name in Farsi.  Just saying.)  They live in Kangavar (more on this town later).  And they brought yummy yummy cupcakes filled with even yummier pudding.  I felt so loved!!

Standing (left to right) Amir, Sohrab, Leila, Mohsen, me, Marzieh (Amir's mom)
Squatting- Somayeh, Fatimeh

Left to right- Leila, Somayeh, Fatimeh, Marzieh
Habakkuk's tomb

Sunset- sorry about the construction in the foreground.
I still think it's pretty.



1 comment:

  1. This is AWESOME! Oh, and I'm way impressed you fixed the sink; I might have figured out how, but I'm not sure I would have had the follow-through.

    ReplyDelete