Tuesday, January 29, 2013

There are a LOT more pictures people. (A lot)  So thanks for all the comments.  I hope you won't get tired of hearing about Iran before I run out of pictures and stories.

So on we go to Kangavar.  It's the town of Amir's mom's family.  Got it?  It's a cute little town and has a lovely ruin in the middle of it called Anahita.

Leila, Amir, Marzieh
It was sunny, but also cold and windy.

All these blocks have numbers on them.  I thought it was so they could restore and put things back together.
Yeah, no.  It's because the blocks tend to walk off.  Imagine one of these in your garden.
Awesome!
Ancient Greek column covered by modern Persian graffiti.

Definitely want one of these in my garden.


Post card worthy skylines.



Fire pits. Don't know if they were used for warmth, light or sacrifice.
Maybe all three.  


My favorite picture of the whole trip.
I love my husband and he loves his mom.
Precious.

Amir was in a bit of a rush here.  (We were on our way to more visiting.)  His mom, bless her heart, is not a very good walker.  He took her hand here and it was the sweetest thing EVER!


2 comments:

  1. These are awesome and it's really so pretty! When you commented on the fire pits, I thought "and so convenient to the highway." Yeah, I know the road wasn't always there....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture of Amir and his mom. Way to capture the magic. . . . More please :)

    ReplyDelete